Imago Venues fuel GB Olympic success
3 Aug 2021
Team GB turns to Imago Venues to prepare for Tokyo gold.
Loughborough University-based Imago Venues have a rich history of supporting elite-level sports. From hosting the official Team GB kitting out camp in 2012, to team accommodation, performance nutrition and official preparation camps, we're extremely proud to play a small role in preparing the country's athletes for success on the global stage.
Loughborough University is world-renowned for its sporting excellence and, as well as being awarded the World Best University for Sport in 2017,18 and 19, is also home to a number of national governing bodies including British Athletics, British Swimming, British Triathlon, ECB and England Netball.
Loughborough is once again well represented in Tokyo, with over 100 athletes, coaches, and practitioners set to feature across the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Across both the Elite Athlete Centre and Burleigh Court Hotel, they have recently accommodated Adam Peaty and the British Swimming team, British Triathlon, Boccia, Women's Football, Rugby 7's (men and women), Wheelchair Basketball and Men's Hockey.
At the time of writing, Team GB is putting in a fantastic account of themselves and, at 5th in the medal table, it represents the best-ever start to an Olympic campaign. As far as the Loughborough athletes go, if Loughborough were a country, it would currently be 19th in the medal table with 3 Gold, 4 Silver, and 1 Bronze medals.
Hotel and accommodation venues are vital components of any team's preparation for any competition, not least the Olympics. To be trusted to feed and accommodate the country's very best athletes who are at the top of their performance is a huge honour for us. It's a testament to the fantastic facilities we have to offer and the amazing kitchen teams that are responsible for feeding the athletes to such a high nutritional standard, giving them a relaxed and focussed atmosphere to be the best they can be.
Spencer Graydon - Chief Executive, Imago Venues
To track Team GB's and Loughborough's progress in the Games, visit the University's special Tokyo tracker page:Find out more
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues have been award the Investors In People Platinum award - only 2% of global companies in the IIP accreditation scheme have attained Platinum.