Imago Venues receives prestigious Investors in People Platinum Accreditation
19 Aug 2019
Imago Venues has been awarded the prestigious Investors in People (IIP) Platinum Accreditation.
The award is IIP’s highest accolade and less than 2% of all the organisations world-wide assessed are rated at the Platinum level.
IIP is an international standard for people management and recognises organisations for their commitment to high performance through strong people management and development.
Assessors praised Imago Venues in a number of areas including: Involving employees to identify changes to improve the business, encouraging staff to take responsibility and ownership, tracking staff progress and celebrating staff success.
Other key areas that were noted are:
- Staff know the vision and objectives of the company. People are aware of the ‘Imago Way’ which translates into exceptional customer service
- There is a strong united Senior Leadership Team who promote and embed the values in everything they do. People consistently comment on belonging to a supportive team and everyone has a voice
- Line managers empower, support and maximise employee’s potential. This has been driven by developing a coaching culture. Staff are encouraged to make decisions, use their initiative and to drive change
- Staff are encouraged to share innovative ideas of how to build a sustainable business
Continuous job development is a key component of Imago’s culture
Kay England, chief executive of Imago Venues, said:
“I am incredibly proud of everyone at Imago Venues and we are thrilled to have achieved our ambition and received the Platinum award. Our staff are at the heart of who we are and what we do. We firmly believe in equipping and empowering our team to be the best they can be. Investing in the personal and professional development of our staff makes us a stronger company and improves the service we provide to our guests in all of our award-winning venues.”
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues have been award the Investors In People Platinum award - only 2% of global companies in the IIP accreditation scheme have attained Platinum.