Imago Venues shortlisted for two prestigious hospitality awards
9 Oct 2018
Loughborough University’s conference, hotel and events brand, Imago Venues, has been shortlisted for Best Team and Most Innovative Business Partner in the 2018 Leicestershire Promotions Tourism and Hospitality Awards.
The team took the winning title in both of the categories last year, and hope to bring back gold once again as they compete against some of Leicestershire’s top organisations in the hospitality sector.
Staff members at The Link Hotel have been confirmed as finalists for the Best Team award.
Always aiming to deliver outstanding experiences, and focusing on the smaller details for their guests, the team follow a ‘one team’ culture that extends across all of Imago Venues.
The Link Hotel is currently ranked number one for Loughborough hotels on TripAdvisor and is a recipient of the travel review website’s Hall of Fame award.
The hotel has gone from strength to strength since the Imago takeover in 2010 and has seen a 400% increase in turnover over the last eight years.
Imago’s portfolio of hotel and conference facilities brings more than 100,000 people to Leicestershire each year, and contributes over £7m Gross Value Added (GVA) - the measure of economic output at the level of an organisation, sector or region - to the Midlands Engine.
Whether it’s hosting an international conference with delegates from over 35 countries, or providing a comfortable stay for a delayed flight’s passengers at short notice, Imago has continued to provide top quality service at all of its venues, which is why it has also been shortlisted for the Innovative Business Partner award.
Emma Boynton, Head of Sales and Marketing at Imago Venues, commented:
“These nominations reflect our ongoing commitment to consistent service excellence and continuous improvement. We are delighted to have been recognised by such a prestigious event, alongside some very stiff competition. The nominations are a reflection of the dedication shown by all of our people and I want to thank them all for the hard work that has led to our place as finalists. We are looking forward to a great night and are keeping our fingers crossed!”
The award ceremony will take place at the Athena in Leicester on 29 November. Further information on Imago Venues can be found on the website or by calling 01509 633030.
For more on the 2018 Leicestershire Promotions Tourism and Hospitality Awards, visit the dedicated webpage.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues have been award the Investors In People Platinum award - only 2% of global companies in the IIP accreditation scheme have attained Platinum.