Access Statement for Loughborough Campus
Car Parking and Approach
- Secure on-site car parking is available across campus. (CCTV and barrier control). Parking is free to all imago conference guests.
- Designated accessible parking spaces are available across campus and within close proximity to meeting, sports, catering and accommodation facilities.
- Traffic-calming measures are in place across the campus with a 15 mile per hour speed limit in force.
- Drop off points are available at key reception areas.
- Luggage assistance is available upon request prior to the event.
- Split level access, ramps with level landings, wheelchair lifts and / or steps designed to 'ambulant disabled' standards are in place at various locations across campus.
- Details of public transport links are available on the imago website here
- A detailed wheelchair route map is available on the Loughborough University Website here.
- There are lowered reception counters at Whitworth, David Collett and Butler Court.
- Accessible rooms are spread across campus and include standard and en-suite accommodation.
- A number of bedrooms have been specifically adapted to meet the needs of guests with disabilities, including a select number of rooms with level entry showers. Details of these can be provided upon request.
- Additional facilities are available upon request such as Vibrating pillows which can be plugged into the fire alarm system.
- Upon request a list of hire services for hoists/bed blocks can be provided.
- All signage meets the statutory requirements with regard to visibility and legibility.
- In the designated meeting and accommodation spaces, all doors, entrances and corridors are wide enough for wheelchairs, zimmer frames and pushchairs.
- A large number of meeting rooms have a hearing loop system installed and variable seating arrangements.
- Many of the conference and seminar rooms are equipped for wheelchair access.
- Accessible wash room facilities are available across campus.
Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
- A number of locations have restaurant, bar and lounge areas on the ground floor with level or ramp. First floor facilities are accessible via lifts.
- Our chefs are able to provide for special dietary requirements.
- Menus are available in large print format or alternatively staff can talk through the choice of dishes on offer.
- There is a range of seating areas away from noise or congestion.
Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Evacuation notices are clearly visible in all accommodation, meeting and dining areas.
- The imago Health & Safety Department will assist in the creation of Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) prior to arrival to for conference guests with specific needs.
- Assistance in the event of an evacuation is available if advanced arrangements are made when booking.
- There is a 'free run' area for assistance dogs.
- The website (www.welcometoimago.com) is W3C/WAI compatible.
A copy of this statement is on display in the imago Sales Office reception area. Should you wish, a copy can be forwarded by post, fax, electronically or alternatively we can talk you through it. It is also available in large print format (16pt).
Every effort has been made to provide a detailed and accurate statement.
imago is committed to working with its clients to address specific needs. Further information on venues can be provided, should this statement not address your particular query.
Find out more about our accessibility policy
If you're a prospective student attending the Open Day, you can get exclusive rates from only £70 per room, giving you a chance to experience life in Loughborough.